1. In a bowl, combine the ginger, turmeric, fish sauce, lime and lemongrass. Stir well, then add the chicken and stir until coated. Leave to marinate for a minimum of 2 hours.
2. Once marinated, thread the chicken onto soaked skewers and set onto a lined or non stick baking tray.
3. Brush the skewers with 1/2 of 1 satay sauce packet, then place in the oven at 220 degrees celsius on grill. Grill for 5-7 minutes, then turn and baste with the remaining satay sauce. Place back in the oven and grill for a further 5-7 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
4. To make the cucumber salad, mix together the vinegar, sugar and sweet chilli sauce until the sugar has dissolved. Add the cucumber ribbons and toss to coat.
5. Serve the cooked skewers alongside the cucumber salad and steamed rice.