Ingredients (serves 2)
• 1 x Waitoa chicken breast
• 1 x pack halloumi cheese (plain or flavoured depending on your preference)
• 2 x brioche buns (1 per person)
• 1 handful rocket leaves per person
• 1 x large kumara chopped into fries.
• Cajun spice
• 1 x shredded carrot
• 1 x shredded beetroot
• 1⁄4 shredded green cabbage
• 1 x tablespoon sour cream
• 2 x teaspoons lemon juice
• Salt and Pepper
• Chipotle mayo
• Pre-heat your oven to 180C. Chop your large kumara into fries. In a large bowl toss with olive oil, salt/pepper and Cajun spices and place in the oven for 30-35 minutes until cooked through.
• While the fries are cooking, butterfly your chicken breast into 2 thinner pieces. Place in a bowl and marinate with mixed herbs, salt and pepper.
• Slice your halloumi cheese into slices around 5mm thick. You will need about 3-4 per person.
• Next, make your slaw. Add all shredded vegetables together and mix with sour cream, lemon juice and salt/pepper. Set aside in the fridge.
• From there in a large oiled pan cook your chicken then your halloumi until browned and cooked through.
• Lastly place the buns under the grill until toasted. Once everything is ready start making your burgers. Layer coleslaw, then top with chicken, halloumi, rocket and chipotle mayo. Serve with a side of kumara fries.