Chicken Thai Red Curry
This deliciously creamy red Thai curry is packed with protein, veggies and full of flavour!
- 500g Waitoa Diced Chicken Breast
- 1 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 red capsicum thinly sliced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 can baby sweetcorn
- ½ broccoli
- 1 x cups peas
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander torn into smaller pieces
- Jasmine or brown rice to serve.
- Heat a large pan on medium heat and melt the coconut oil. Season the diced chicken with salt and black pepper.
- Add the chicken and sear for 3-4 minutes on all sides until golden brown. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low. Add the capsicum, broccoli, onion, garlic, and ginger, and stir to combine. Cook for 2-3minutes, until slightly softened.
- Stir in the curry paste. Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes, stirring often. Slowly pour in the coconut milk while stirring to combine. Add the chicken back to the pan along with corn and peas.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes on low heat until flavours have infused through chicken and veggies.
- Add a generous helping of coriander and stir through.
- Top with a few coriander leaves and serve with rice for mopping up the sauce.