Ingredients (serves 2-3)
• 1 x pack Waitoa boneless thighs
• 2 x thin pizza bases (store bought for quick
dinner or homemade with more time)
• 1 x red capsicum
• 1 x red onion
• 1 x cup grated cheese
• 1 x teaspoon dried oregano
• 1 x teaspoon Chilli flakes
• 1 x teaspoon mixed herbs
• 1 x bag mixed salad on side
• 2 x tbsp tomato paste
• 2 x roasted red peppers
• 1 x clove garlic, peeled
• 1/2 white onion
• 1 x tsp freshly ground black pepper to taste
• 1 x pinch salt to taste
• 1 tsp dried basil
• Marinade the chicken thighs with salt, pepper, mixed herbs and set aside.
• Heat a medium frying pan with olive oil and place each thigh in the pan to sear both sides. From there, turn the heat down and fry on a low heat until cooked through.
• While chicken is cooking make your pizza sauce. Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on high until well mixed.
• From here, slice red onion and capsicum and set aside in a separate bowl.
• Once chicken is cooked, remove from pan and leave to rest for 2 minutes. With 2 forks gently tear the meat creating pulled thighs and place into a bowl.
• Top your pizza base with sauce, chicken, onion, capsicum and season with salt, pepper oregano and a sprinkle of chilli flakes.
• Place into oven and bake for 20-24 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese has melted.
• Serve immediately with a side salad.