Brown Rice Chicken Nasi Goreng
This fragrant Indonesian rice dish with chicken, greens and fried egg is the ultimate comfort food for spice lovers.
- 4 Waitoa Free Range Chicken Thighs, cut into chunks
- A drizzle of peanut oil
- 1 clove garlic,sliced
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- red chilli - thinly sliced
- 2 packets cooked brown rice
- 4 free range eggs
- 1 packet baby white pak choy,shredded
- A handful of fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- A handful of cashews,toasted
- In a wok over a high heat, drizzle a little peanut oil and fry off chicken until golden and cooked through. Remove from the wok and set aside.
- In the same wok over a high heat, drizzle a little more peanut oil. Fry off the garlic, ginger, chilli and spring onion for 2 minutes.
- Add the brown rice and fry off for a further 5 minutes until golden.
- Add the chicken back in the pan then add the pak choy, cashews, soy sauce, oyster sauce and coriander.
- Spoon rice into serving bowls.
- Wipe the wok clean, add a little more peanut oil to the pan and fry the eggs until golden and crispy but still runny. Top the fried egg on rice.
- Serve with a garnish of fresh coriander.