1 1/2 cups Waitoa free range diced chicken breast, cooked
1/2 onion, diced
250g mushrooms, sliced
1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
45g plain flour
3/4 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup creme fraiche
Juice of 1 small lemon
1 cup baby spinach
1 cup roughly diced ham off the bone
2 sheets puff pastry
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius
2. In a deep frying pan or saucepan, melt the butter over a low to medium heat. Add the onion to the pan, and cook until softened. Next add the mushrooms and cook down until golden and soft.
3. Stir the mustard into the mushroom mixture, followed by the flour. Stir constantly for two minutes, then add the stock and creme fraiche stirring until smooth and the sauce starts to thicken.
4. Stir in the lemon juice, spinach, cooked chicken and ham to the mushroom mixture, and season to taste.
5. Divide the mixture amongst 6 ramekins or place into a pie dish. Top with a pastry lid, egg wash if desired, then back to 15-20 minutes or until the pastry is puffed, golden brown and cooked through. Serve immediately.