2 Tbsp vegetable oil
3 Tbsp green curry paste
1 brown onion, sliced
250g Waitoa chicken thigh chopped into 3 cm pieces
2c coconut cream
2c coconut milk
2 Kaffir lime leaves
125g can baby corn, drained
125g can bamboo shoots, drained
125g can Thai straw mushrooms, drained
3 Tbsp fish sauce
3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
3 Tbsp grated palm sugar
Crispy fried shallots, fresh coriander, bean sprouts and sliced red chilli to garnish
1. Heat oil in large pot over high heat, add paste and stir. Add sliced onion and chicken pieces. Stir continuously so the paste doesn’t catch and all the chicken is seared.
2. Add coconut cream, milk and lime leaves; bring to the boil. Lastly add all canned vegetables to the curry.
3. Reduce heat, simmering for 8 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
4. Stir through fish sauce, lime juice, and sugar.
5. Serve with steamed Jasmine rice and crispy fried shallots, fresh coriander, bean sprouts and sliced red chilli.
Tay Street Beach Café in Mt Maunganui serves Thai green (Waitoa) chicken curry. They have given us the recipe so you can make it at home.