Chicken schnitzel is a family favourite, if you’re wanting a comforting dinner, serve this with our creamy mushroom sauce.
- 2 Waitoa Free Range Chicken Breasts
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1-1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Cooking oil
- Mushroom sauce (recipe here)
- Fresh Italian parsley
- Green leafy salad
- Root vegetable mash
- Place your hand flat on top of the chicken breast. Carefully cut through the chicken breast to create two schnitzel steaks.
- In three separate bowls, place the beaten egg in one, seasoned flour in another, and the breadcrumbs and sesame seeds mixture in the last bowl. Coat chicken pieces by lightly coating in flour, then dipping in egg and finally coating in the crumb mixture. Lay on a plate then set aside.
- Heat a large frying pan to a medium/high heat. Generously coat the pan with oil. Cook for 4-5 minutes each side, ensuring that the chicken is cooked through and crumbs are golden.
- Serve the chicken schnitzel with mushroom sauce over the top and fresh parsley alongside. Serve with your favourite sides, we love a fresh green leafy salad and root vegetable mash.