- Mix marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Place cubed chicken breast in a bowl and cover with marinade. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Remove from the fridge at least 30 minutes before you are ready to cook to allow it to get to room temperature.
- Add all cucumber salad ingredients into a bowl and lightly toss until combined. Place in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
- Heat a small saucepan to a medium–high temperature. Add oil and shallots and cook for 1 minute. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute. Add ½ cup of the coconut milk with the red curry paste, cook for 1 more minute. Add the remaining coconut milk, peanut butter, soy sauce, brown sugar and salt. Add water, as needed and mix well.
- Bring to the boil and once bubbling, reduce to a very low simmer.
- Thread marinated chicken onto skewers.
- Remove the satay sauce from the heat and stir through the lime juice. Pour sauce into a side bowl.
- Preheat the barbecue to medium high. You want to get it nice and hot before cooking the chicken skewers as the chicken will dry out if you leave it to cook slowly.
- Cook chicken 2–3 minutes each side, turning often, until cooked through.
- Serve skewers on a platter with the dipping satay sauce on the side. In side bowls, serve cucumber salad and rice.
If you have leftover satay sauce – lucky you! Use it to make buddha bowls with your favourite toppings.